Lara Logan and Radiohead
So I am fortunate to have opportunities to host Lara Logan and see Radiohead (my favorite band) but unfortunately they are both on the same night. Meet the foreign correspondant for CBS
Lara Logan: CBS Foreign Correspondant
- One of the world’s most prominent journalists!
- Has reported for Fox/SKY, CBS News, ABC News, NBC, CNN and the European Broadcast Union.
- In February of 2011 she was sexually assaulted while reporting in Egypt after Mubarak’s resignation. She proceeded to speak about the incident on 60 Minutes and was criticized for breaking the silence aboutwomen and sexual assaults in the field of journalism.
- Thom Yorke- no word to be said except AMAZING!
- Lotus Flower
a refreshing watch. might be one of my new favorites.
"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."
TAKE BACK OUR CAMPUS- CU Boulder Protest
Colorado Daily (Photos)
Declaration of Human Rights
1) Mandatory Anti-oppression trainings for all students, staff, faculty and administration-current and incoming
2) Outreach and retention services for faculty and students of marginalized communities
3) Mandate all faculty and staff to update syllabi to include updated discrimination and harassment policy and require use of student’s preferred pronouns in the classroom
4) Approval of Ethnic Studies PHD Program
5) Re-evaluate CUSG autonomy agreement –necessity for checks and balances
6) No tuition increase next year beyond adjustment to inflation
7) Addition of 1 or 2 students to the Board of Regents as voting members (undergrad and grad)
8) Increase support and services for International Students
9) Actively pursue legislation that supports Federal funding to financial aid
10) Actively pursue legislation that supports student debt forgiveness
11) Keep 12 credits as the standard for students to be full time, do NOT increase to 15 credits
12) Keep 15+ credits free for all students
13) Change standard of admissions to reflect the demographics of the state of Colorado
14) Actively recruit and hire more faculty and staff who identify with marginalized communities
15) Accept requests for literature and art classes that are non-Euro Centered
16) Reevaluate ODECE and its effectiveness by our own standards
17) Support the appointment of students to the Boulder Campus Planning Commission to modify building code to include appropriate gender inclusive spaces in all new or renovated buildings on campus
1) A public response that you received these demands along with a plan of action by Friday, March 9th at 5pm
Just got into my study abroad program in Argentina for fall next year. Cannot wait to start the next big adventure of my life. Now starts the planning to see South America with my friends Danielle and Jessi- first on the horizon is Machu Pichu and Patagonia
no words to be said but KONY2012
#imagination (Taken with instagram)
My thoughts this weekend exactly. Same wave length Lex
i have had to learn i have very fine, almost non-existent, boundaries between myself and the world.
i take it’s problems on. i give my all to everyone. i pour out. and sometimes i am mistaken in wanting to feel that people and the world are always reciprocal. then, suddenly without fail, i feel this familiar feeling of total deflation. i blame no one but myself. i have learned that it is just how my heart and mind are predisposed to a certain degree. i have had to learn better every day how to know my own place, heart and limits. to know when the well is tapped.
i know no other way than to recluse as to not feel utterly destructed.
it’s refreshing to be present in these extended moments and feel how strong my own ground is. to better know that when there is no one there who can handle it or i have heard it all from everyone else, i can stand,
and set back out into the world,
in grand fashion.
and with even more knowledge that the boundaries or lack there of cut through me differently. clean with an altered set of expectations, at least for the time being.